The following resources will be helpful to answer these questions.
- The specification is very helpful indeed – From Page 48. https://filestore.aqa.org.uk/resources/physics/specifications/AQA-8463-SP-2016.PDF
- The BBC Bitesize website is also very good – https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/guides/z93dxfr/revision/1
- Write a sentence to explain what the atmosphere is?
- What happens to the density of the atmosphere with increasing altitude?
- How do air molecules cause atmospheric pressure?
- Copy the following paragraph filling in the blanks. The specification will help you.
The number of air molecules (and so the _________ of air) above a surface __________ as the height of the surface above________ level increases. So as ___________ increases there is always _____________r above a surface than there is at a lower height. So atmospheric pressure decreases with an increase in __________.