The following resources will be helpful to answer these questions.
- The specification is very helpful indeed – From Page 48 https://filestore.aqa.org.uk/resources/physics/specifications/AQA-8463-SP-2016.PDF
- The BBC Bitesize website is also very good – https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/guides/z93dxfr/revision/1
- Can a fluid be a gas?
- Draw a diagram to illustrate ‘The pressure in fluids causes a force normal (at right angles) to any surface’.
- Write down an equation to calculate the pressure at a surface.
- What are the units of pressure?
- Give an alternative unit for pressure?
- What is the unit for the area?
- What is the unit for force?
- Rearrange the equation so the force is the subject of the equation.
- Rearrange the equation so that area is the subject of the equation.