The following resources will be helpful to answer these questions.
- The specification is very helpful indeed – From Page 48. https://filestore.aqa.org.uk/resources/physics/specifications/AQA-8463-SP-2016.PDF
- The BBC Bitesize website is also very good – https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/guides/z93dxfr/revision/1
- How can the pressure due to a column of liquid be calculated?
- What are the units of height?
- What are the units of density?
- What is the unit of pressure?
- What are the units for gravitational field strength?
- Can you rearrange the equation for dentistry, height and gravitational field strength?
- How does the pressure at the bottom of a column of liquid compare to the pressure at the top?
- A partially (or totally) submerged object experiences a greater pressure on the bottom surface than on the top surface. What direction is the resultant force on the object?
- Write down the definition of resultant force? Can you draw a diagram to show the situation described in Q8?
- What is this resultant force called?
- What are the factors that affect floating and sinking?