Focus Questions for AQA GCSE Physics Energy transfers in everyday appliances
- What are everyday appliances designed to do?
- Give two examples of everyday appliances?
- What 2 things does the amount of energy transferred by an appliance depend on? One begins with t and the other a p.
- Describe the energy transfers that are taking place in an electric fan.
- Describe the energy transfers taking place in an electric oven.
- What does a.c. stand for (please don’t say air conditioning).
- What is done when electrical charge flows around a circuit.
- Have a look at these two equations.
- Rearrange so that P=, t =, Q = and V =.
- What are the units of: –
- Energy transferred.
- Charge flow
- potential difference?
Subscribe to get access to audio answers
Read more of this content when you subscribe today.