Here are some questions focussing on the magnetic fields part of the AQA GCSE Physics Higher tier Specification.
- Name four magnetic materials.
- Define the terms magnetic field.
- Is the force between a magnet and a magnetic material always repulsive or attractive?
- How does the strength of a magnetic field depend on the distance from a magnet?
- Where are the strongest parts of a bar magnet?
- Copy and complete the following:- The ___________ of a magnetic field line is from the _____________ (seeking) pole of a magnet to the _______________ pole of the magnet.
- How can the direction of a magnetic field be decided?
- What does a magnetic compass contain?
- Have a rest for ten minutes.
- Where does the needle of a magnetic compass point in the Earth’s magnetic field?
- How can you plot the magnetic field around a bar magnet using a small plotting compass?
- Draw the magnetic field around a bar magnet. Label where the field is strongest and weakest. How can you tell from the spacing of the magnetic field lines?
- How is a direction represented on the magnetic field lines?
- Which part of the Earth is magnetic?
Header Image Thank you