These videos on mouse trap reactions to show chain reactions are fun
Make sure that you can answer these questions
- What is meant by nuclear fission?
- Replace get to got for some of things you don’t want to do. E.g. I’ve got to revise so that I can do well in my exams.
- Is spontaneous fission common?
- How does fission occur?
- Copy and complete the following: The nucleus undergoing fission splits into two ___________ nuclei, roughly __——– in size, and emits two or _________ neutrons plus gamma rays. Energy is ___________ by the fission reaction.
- What do all fission products have?
- What may the neutrons go on and start?
- How is the energy released controlled?
- Name one use of an uncontrolled chain reaction.
- What is the joining of two light nuclei to form a heavier nucleus called?
- In this process what is some of the mass converted into?