Make sure that you can answer these questions
- What is meant by an Ohmic Conductor?
- What can you say about the resistance of an Ohmic conductor?
- What can be said about the temperature of an Ohmic conductor?
- Look at the current/potential difference graph for an Ohmic Conductor?
- What is plotted on the x-axis?
- What is plotted on the y axis?
- Is the resistance constant for the following components as current changes? Lamp, Thermistor, Diode and Light Dependent Resistor.
- What happens to the resistance of a filament lamp as the temperature of the filament lamp increases?
- Learn the shape of the current/voltage graph for a filament lamp.
- What is a diode and what does it do?
- Learn the shape of the current/voltage graph for a diode.
- What happens to the resistance of a thermistor as the temperature of the resistance increases?
- State an application of a thermistor?
- What happens to the resistance of an LDR as light intensity increases?
- State a few applications of an LDR.
Subscribe to get access to key diagrams and audio answers
Required Practicals – few online videos to help
The required practical for this section is