- State the two types of waves. One starts with L and the other T.
- What type of waves are ripples on water?
- Sketch a longitudinal wave showing areas of compression and rarefaction.
- What type of waves are sound waves travelling through air?
- What is the difference between a longitudinal wave and a transverse wave?
- Can you write down the definition of a wave?
- Does the matter the wave travels through travel with the wave? Does it become windy near your ear when you listen to a sound wave?
You can find the answer to these questions on page 59 of the specification.