- List eight types of energy stores.
- Give an example of how energy can be transferred mechanically.
- Give an example of how energy can be transferred Electrically.
- Give an example of how energy can be transferred by heating.
- Give an example of how energy can be transferred by radiation
- Write down an equation to calculate efficiency involving useful energy output and total energy input.
- State the principle of conservation of energy
- Draw a simple Sankey diagram for an electric light bulb. Use google images to find one.
- What is heat transfer by conduction?
- Why are metals good conductors of heat?
- What is heat transfer by convection?
- Give several examples of convection in everyday phenomena
- Explain how emission and absorption of radiation are related to surface and temperature.
- Do you know how to describe this practical? → investigate thermal energy transfer by conduction, convection and radiation (see video below)
- Explain ways of reducing unwanted energy transfer, such as insulation
You might also find useful
Phone Physics Help